REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
Touring Plus Passenger Van
RFP ID: 2018 Van 1
Prepared By: Mark Fox, Trustee
Sealed Bid Submission Deadline:
October 19, 2018, 3:00 p.m.
Questions may be submitted in written form no later than October 15, 2018 to:
240 Lockport Street Youngstown, New York 14174
The Village of Youngstown invites and welcomes proposals for their Senior Van. Based on your previous work experience, your firm has been selected to receive this RFP and is invited to submit a proposal. Please take the time to carefully read and become familiar with the proposal requirements. All proposals submitted for consideration must be received by the time as specified above under the “SUBMISSION DEADLINE.”
Bidders should note that any and all work intended to be subcontracted as part of the bid submittal must be accompanied by background materials and references for proposed subcontractor(s). There are no exceptions.
PROJECT AND LOCATION
The bid proposal is being requested for the Senior Van, which is or shall be located at 240 Lockport Street P.O. Box 168, Youngstown, NY, 14174.
ROJECT MANAGER CONTACT INFORMATION
The following individual(s) are the assigned contacts for the following:
Mark Fox, Village Trustee
Phone: (716) 745-7721
Fax: (716) 745-3400
The objective and ultimate goal for this project is procure a replacement passenger van for the Youngstown Senior Transportation Program.
PROJECT SCOPE AND SPECIFICATIONS
New 2018 or 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Plus
8 Passenger Van
with Optional Equipment Customer Preferred package 27W
9-Speed FWD Automatic transmission
UConnect 4 with 7-Inch Display
Inflatable Spare Tire Kit
The following timeline has been established to ensure that our project objective is achieved; however, the following project timeline shall be subject to change when deemed necessary by management.
Seals proposals are due in the Village Clerk’s Office by October 19, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
PROJECT PROPOSAL EXPECTATIONS
The Board of Trustees of the Village of Youngstown shall award the contract to the proposal that best accommodates the project requirements. The Village of Youngstown reserves the right to award any contract prior to the proposal deadline stated within the “Scheduled Timeline” or prior to the receipt of all proposals, award the contract to more than one Bidder, and refuse any proposal or contract without obligation to either Village of Youngstown or to any Bidder offering or submitting a proposal.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL
All proposals must be received by Village of Youngstown no later than 3:00 p.m. on October 19, 2018 for consideration in the project proposal selection process.
PROPOSAL SELECTION CRITERIA
Only those proposals received by the stated deadline will be considered. All proposals, submitted by the deadline, will be reviewed and evaluated based upon information provided in the submitted proposal. In addition, consideration will be given to cost and performance projections. Furthermore, the following criteria will be given considerable weight in the proposal selection process:
- Proposals received by the stipulated deadline must be in the correct format.
- Bidder’s alleged performance effectiveness of their proposal’s solution regarding the Project Objective of the Village of Youngstown.
- Bidder’s performance history and alleged ability to timely deliver proposed services.
- Bidder’s ability to provide and deliver qualified personnel having the knowledge and skills required to effectively and efficiently execute proposed services.
- Overall cost effectiveness of the proposal.
The Village of Youngstown shall reserve the right to cancel, suspend, and/or discontinue any proposal at any time they deem necessary or fit without obligation or notice to the proposing bidder/contractor.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION FORMAT
The following is a list of information that the Bidder should include in their proposal submission:
- Summary of Bidder Background
- Bidder’s Name(s)
- Bidder’s Address
- Bidder’s Contact Information (and preferred method of communication)
- Bidder’s Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN)
- Evidence of legal authority to conduct business in New York (e.g. business license number).
- Evidence of established track record for providing services and/or deliverables that are the subject of this proposal.
- State whether the Bidder or its parent company (if any) has ever filed for bankruptcy or any form of Reorganization under the Bankruptcy Code.
- State whether the Bidder or its parent company (if any) has ever received any sanctions or is currently under investigation by any regulatory or governmental body.
- Summary of timeline and work to be completed.
COST PROPOSAL SUMMARY AND BREAKDOWN
- A detailed list of any and all expected costs or expenses related to the proposed project.
- Summary and explanation of any other contributing expenses to the total cost.
- Brief summary of the total cost of the proposal.